Supervision of Students
I currently co-supervise Karimas Rafès with Serge Abiteboul. Karima works on designing platforms for datasets and query sharing.
In France, I have co-supervised the following PhD students
- Bryan Brancotte who worked on Consensus ranking techniques to rank Biological data (co-supervised with Alain Denise) and defended on September 25th 2015 (now research engineer at the French Institute of Bioinformatics).
- Jiuqiang Chen defended on Oct. 2013. His thesis was about Designing scientific workflows following a structure and provenance-aware strategy (co-supervised with Christine Froidevaux).
I have participated to the supervision of the following PhD students: J. Starlinger (with Ulf Leser, Humboldt, Berlin), Z. Bao (with Susan Davidson, UPenn)
I have (co-)supervised the following master students in the past years:
- Stéphanie Kamgnia, on "Frequent patterns in scientific workflows"
- With Patrick Valduriez : Moussa Yattara, on "Provenance models in scientific workflow systems"
- With Christine Froidevaux : Jun Li on "Series-parallel graphs for scientific workflows", Nicolas Laignel (co-supervised with Ulf Leser) on "Ranking biological data with PageRank-like solutions", Wael Hamdam [Research, Computer Science, 2nd year] on "Classifying provenance queries"
- With Alain Denise: Bryan Brancotte, Pierre Andrieu on "Ranking biological data using consensus ranking approaches."
- With Susan Davidson: Weijia Wang, Pierrick Girard [Engineering school, Polytech Paris Sud] on "Comparing scientific workflow executions"
- Heloïse Bourlet [Bioinformatics program, 1st year] on "Designing workflows with Taverna"
- Kevin Massini on "Designing BioBrowsing" [Bioinformatics program, 1st year]