- O. Teytaud (coordinator)
- A. Renaud + engineers from Artelys
- A. Couetoux (funded by the Iomca project)
- Related people from other projects:
- N. Sokolovska (funded by the Mash project)
- J.-B. Hoock (funded by the Mash project)
- A. Takahashi
Since the pioneering work by R. Coulom (2006), Monte-Carlo Tree Search is an important tool for discrete time control.
Nonetheless, there are clear weaknesses to be corrected by further work.
- Improve MCTS methods, in particular by the use of ontologies/machine learning.
- Investigate MCTS methods, in particular for one-player optimizing decisions in front of random processes.
- Experiment MCTS methods, in particular in the field of energy.
- T0: January 2010
- T0+6 report
- T0+10 months: simulators ok (in particular: realistic energy management simulators, mainly Artelys)
- one of them can be seen here.
- others are available on the git archive of Mash or can be requested by email.
- Interfacing with the Risk Manager simulator done.
- UCT in continuous domains
- T0+19 months: optimizers ok (Tao + Artelys)
- MCTS developped by A. Couetoux and O. Teytaud (can be requested by email or found in the Mash git)
- Q-learning developped by N. Sokolovska (October 2010)
- Decision stump developped by J.-B. Hoock (November 2010)
- Interfacing with the OpenDP platform (recompilation: October 2010; interfacing in progress)
- T0+30 months: introducing ontologies/machine learning into MCTS
- T0+36 months: publications
- T0+42 months: valorization
- random processes (A. Takahashi)
- introduction into the Mash git repository ( mash-project.eu )
- Interfacing the Mash problems with our solvers (J.-B. Hoock, October 2010)
- preliminary MCTS solver (A. Couetoux, O. Teytaud). Update: now stable.
- various simple solvers for comparison (J.-B. Hoock, N. Sokolovska, O. Teytaud).
- a decision stump solver (learning by direct policy search; J.-B. Hoock).
- preliminary Q-learning implementation (N. Sokolovska)
- OpenDP solvers are under integration (O. Teytaud; first integration November 2010). Update: cancelled, too many problems.
- Direct Policy Search, many families of functions.
- Swing problem (A. Takahashi, O. Teytaud)
- Stock management problem (Artelys + A. Couetoux + O. Teytaud)
- Energy management problem (but: not yet interfaced with the rest of the platform). Update (March 2013): interfacing ok.
- OpenDP problems are under integration (O. Teytaud). Update: replaced by Mash platform.
- Project description
- Franco-Taiwanese days of artificial intelligence (10th - 13th of August, 2010)
(followed by the computer-Go event at WCCI 2010 in which MoGo won the first 13x13 game with H2 against a 6D and was the only computer winning against the top level human player Chun-Hsun Chou 9P - however, mogo lost his two games against Ping-Chiang Chou (4P) :-( )
- Signature of the consortium agreement as shown here
- Talk given at London, 2010, for the MCTS workshop ( slides )
- October 2010: MCTS for one player games operational (main author: A. Couetoux).
- October 2010: Experiments of the MCTS on the stock problem. Comparison with Q-learning (from N. Sokolovska; uses also the baseline solvers by J.-B. Hoock).
- November 2010: The Franco-Taiwanese team wins the 9x9 Gold medal, the 13x13 Gold medal, and the 19x19 Gold medal in the TAAI Computer-Go competition. Technically speaking, the collaboration is based on introducing expert knowledge through ontologies both
- Automatically learnt on clusters;
- Through human advices.
- November 2010: acceptance of the LION paper on UCT in continuous domains.
- January 2011:
- March 2011: Blind value techniques in progress (inspired by the work by S. Bubeck and coauthors). Should start soon: long horizons.
- April 2011: Fitted Q-iteration looks like a great algorithm. Maybe we should consider integrating it in the plateforme ? Usefull also for the Mash project.
- April 2011: the ``Systematic'' presentation paper.
- Minutes of the May 2011 meeting (May 2nd)
- Minutes of the June 2011 meeting (June 8th)
- Minutes of the July 2011 meeting (July 5th)
- Minutes of August 25 meeting, part 1
- Minutes of August 25 meeting, part_2
- Minutes of September 6th meeting
- The Franco-Taiwanese forum on Energy Management, Tainan, Taiwan, May 2012
- March 2013: Artelys+Inria visit in Taiwan
- The POST project
- UCT in continuous domains
- January 2010: paper on MCTS for power systems accepted in Roadef 2011.
- February 2010: the Roadef paper on MCTS for stock management is preselected for student award.
- publications by A. Couetoux on Monte-Carlo Tree Search and Direct Policy Search for energy management.
More informations ? email me
Photos ? see here.