CVs and Activities
- July 2017. Nacim Belkhir winner of GECCO 2017 single-objective track of the BBComp Competition, co-supervised with Johann Dréo and Pierre Savéant.
- July 2015. Best paper award at GECCO 2015 (GP track), for Memetic Semantic Genetic Programming, with Robyn Ffrancon.
- Sept. 2014. Best paper award at PPSN 2014 conference, for Maximum Likelihood-Based Online Adaptation of Hyper-Parameters in CMA-ES, with Ilya Loshchilov, Michèle Sebag and Nikolaus Hansen.
- May 2011. DAEYAHSP, winner of the Seventh International Planning Competition (Deterministic Temporal Satisficing track), with Johann Dreo, Pierre Savéant and Vincent Vidal.
- July 2010. Silver Medal at the Humies Awards (Human Competitive Results by Evolutionary Computation) of the ACM GECCO conference (Portland, OR, USA), for ``An Evolutionary Metaheuristic for Domain-Independent Satisficing Planning'', with Jacques Bibaï, Pierre Savéant, and Vincent Vidal.
- April 2009. Best paper award at EvoBIO conference (Tübingen, Germany), for Validation of a morphogenesis model of Drosophila early development by a multi-objective evolutionary optimization algorithm with R. Dilão, D. Muraro, and M. Nicolau (Springer Verlag, LNCS 5483, p. 176-190).
- January 2009. Best paper award at LION'3 conference (Trento, Italy), for Dynamic Multi-Armed Bandits and Extreme Value-based Rewards for Adaptive Operator Selection in Evolutionary Algorithms with A. Fialho, L. Da Costa, and M. Sebag (Springer Verlag, LNCS 5851, p. 176-190).
- April 2008. EvoStar Award for Outstanding Contribution to Evolutionary Computation, awarded by the Organizing Board of EvoStar events.
- Evolutionary Chair Design - 2002-2006 (coll. Hatem Hamda, done with EO)
- July 2004. Senior Fellow of the ISGEC (International Society for Genetic and Evolutionary Computation). ISGEC has since become SIGEVO (the Special Interest Group on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (http://www.sigevo.org/)1.
- Chair of ACM SIGEVO - Special Interest Group on Evolutionary Computation (2015-now), member of Exec. Comm. since 2000, member of Business Comm. 2011-2013, secretary 2011-2015.
Editor in Chief of MIT Press Evolutionary Computation Journal (2002-2009),
Associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation (1996-2004),
Springer (ex-Kluwer) Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines (2000-now), Elsevier Theoretical Computer Science - Theory of Natural Computing (TCS-C) (1999-2006),
Soft Computing (2001-now),
and Springer (ex-Kluwer) Journal of Heuristics (1997-2003). Area Editor of JMLR (2013-now).
- Senior Fellow of the late International Society on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation since 2004, but ISGEC turned in 2005 into SIGEVO ...
- Council Member of CSS, the Complex System Society.
- Member of the Executive Committee of Evonet, the European Network of Excellence in Evolutionary Computing, throughout its lifetime (1996-2002)
Software (not active any more)
- Délégué scientifique (~ VP for research) of INRIA Saclay Research Center (2010-2016)
- Chair of the "Commission Scientifique" of CRI INRIA Saclay - Île-de-France (2008-2010)
- Member of INRIA COST (Scientific and Technological Steering Committee), chair of Prospective WG (2005-2006)
- Founding President (1995-2003) of Association Evolution Artificielle (French Artificial Evolution Society)
- President of AFIA (French AI Society) (2002-2004).
Senior Fellow of the late ISGEC - International Society for Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, elected in 2004. ISGEC has now become SIGEVO, the ACM-Special Interest Group on Evolutionary Computation - but ISGEC fellows have not become ACM fellows :-)
EvolC The home-brewed
evolutionary software has long become totally obsolete thanks to the now-obsolete-too EO library
However, if you are using it, you must read the license
agreement that you implicitly agree with :-)
dissertation (written in Dec. 95, defended in Jan. 97)
You can check interesting links (aka "pointers of the month")