CVs and Activities
Software (not active any more)
- Evolutionary Chair Design - 2002-2006 (coll. Hatem Hamda, done with EO)
- Jul. 2015. Best paper award at GECCO 2015 (GP track), for Memetic Semantic Genetic Programming, with Robyn Ffrancon.
- Sept. 2014. Best paper award at PPSN 2014 conference, for Maximum Likelihood-Based Online Adaptation of Hyper-Parameters in CMA-ES, with Ilya Loshchilov, Michèle Sebag and Nikolaus Hansen.
- May 2011. DAEYAHSP, winner of the Seventh International Planning Competition (Deterministic Temporal Satisficing track), with Johann Dreo, Pierre Savéant and Vincent Vidal.
- July 2010. Silver Medal at the Humies Awards (Human Competitive Results by Evolutionary Computation) of the ACM GECCO conference (Portland, OR, USA), for ``An Evolutionary Metaheuristic for Domain-Independent Satisficing Planning'', with Jacques Bibaï, Pierre Savéant, and Vincent Vidal.
- April 2009. Best paper award at EvoBIO conference (Tübingen, Germany), for the paper ``Validation of a morphogenesis model of Drosophila early development by a multi-objective evolutionary optimization algorithm'' with R. Dilão, D. Muraro, and M. Nicolau (Springer Verlag, LNCS 5483, p. 176-190).
- January 2009. Best paper award at LION'3 conference (Trento, Italy), for the paper ``Dynamic Multi-Armed Bandits and Extreme Value-based Rewards for Adaptive Operator Selection in Evolutionary Algorithms.'' with A. Fialho, L. Da Costa, and M. Sebag (Springer Verlag, LNCS 5851, p. 176-190).
- April 2008. EvoStar Award for Outstanding Contribution to Evolutionary Computation, awarded by the Organizing Board of EvoStar events (http://www.evostar.org).
- July 2004. Senior Fellow of the ISGEC (International Society for Genetic and Evolutionary Computation). ISGEC has since become SIGEVO (the Special Interest Group on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (http://www.sigevo.org/)1.
- Chair of ACM SIGEVO - Special Interest Group on Evolutionary Computation, member of Exec. Comm. since 2000, member of Business Comm. 2011-2013, secretary 2011-2015.
Editor in Chief of MIT Press Evolutionary Computation Journal (2002-2009),
Associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation (1996-2004),
Springer (ex-Kluwer) Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines (2000-now), Elsevier Theoretical Computer Science - Theory of Natural Computing (TCS-C) (1999-2006),
Soft Computing (2001-now),
and Springer (ex-Kluwer) Journal of Heuristics (1997-2003). Area Editor of JMLR (2013-now).
- Senior Fellow of the late International Society on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation since 2004, but ISGEC turned in 2005 into SIGEVO ...
- Council Member of CSS, the Complex System Society.
- Member of the Executive Committee of Evonet, the European Network of Excellence in Evolutionary Computing, throughout its lifetime (1996-2002)
- Délégué scientifique (~ VP for research) of INRIA Saclay Research Center (2010-2016)
- Chair of the "Commission Scientifique" of CRI INRIA Saclay - Île-de-France (2008-2010)
- Member of INRIA COST (Scientific and Technological Steering Committee), chair of Prospective WG (2005-2006)
- Founding President (1995-2003) of Association Evolution Artificielle (French Artificial Evolution Society)
- Former president of AFIA (French AI Society) (2002-2004).
Recipient of the Evostar 2008 Award for Outstanding Contribution to Evolutionary Computation
Senior Fellow of the late ISGEC - International Society for Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, elected in 2004. ISGEC has now become SIGEVO, the ACM-Special Interest Group on Evolutionary Computation - but ISGEC fellows have not become ACM fellows :-)
EvolC The home-brewed
evolutionary software has now become totally obsolete thanks to the new EO library
However, if you are using it, you must read the license
agreement that you implicitly agree with :-)
dissertation (written in Dec. 95, defended in Jan. 97)
You can check interesting links (aka "pointers of the month")
here including the one symbolizing the 5 years of French research policy we all want to forget.