Pour une version francaise de cette page, cliquer ici.
Office location : building 650, office 205, phone +33 1 59 15 69 10, e-mail email@example.com
Short resume (3 pages, PDF), Full resume (62 pages, in French, PDF)
- I have been awarded an ERC Advanced Grant titled ONE: Unified Principles of Interaction. The 5-year project will start in October, 2016 and I am looking for excellent PhD students and post-docs!
- Read my article in CNRS Le Journal (in French): Mieux penser les interfaces informatiques
and my article (in French) in Interstices: 50 ans d’Interaction Homme-Machine : retour vers le futur
- I have collaborated with Didier Goupy, photographer, for an installation showing the portraits of 188 French Academy members at the festival Bains Numériques in Enghien-les-Bains, June 1-5, 2016 (inauguration on June 1st).
- I am featured on Ben Shneiderman's web site "Encounters with HCI Pioneers: A Personal Photo Journal"
- The article Webstrates: Shareable Dynamic Media received a best paper award at the UIST 2015 conference (HAL)
- Our TOCHI paper "Mid-air Pointing on Ultra-Walls" (64 pages!) is now online (PDF on HAL).
- I received the ACM SIGCHI Lifetime Service Award at the CHI 15 conference. "The SIGCHI Lifetime Service Award goes to individuals who have contributed to the growth and success of SIGCHI in a variety of capacities".
- I am now an ACM Distinguished Speaker. If you invite me to give a seminar, expenses are covered by ACM (see conditions).
- Best of CHI award at ACM CHI'14 : Best of CHI for Effects of Display Size and Navigation Type on a Classification Task (article, video).
- Technical Program co-chair of the CHI 2013 Conference in Paris, April 27 - May 2, 2013. The conference broke all attendence records, with 3500 participants, 1000 presentations in 16 parallel sessions over 4 days.
- Two articles received an award at the ACM CHI'12 conference: Best of CHI for Using Rhythmic Patterns as an Input Method (article, video) and Honorable Mention pour Evaluating the Benefits of Real-time Feedback in Mobile Augmented Reality with Hand-held Devices (article, video)
- An article and a video in the special issue of IEEE Computer on Interaction Beyond the Keyboard : Multi-surface Interaction in the WILD Room (also available here)
- Senior member of the Institut Universitaire de France. Here is my research project
- The paper Cracking the Cocoa Nut : User Interface Programming at Runtime received a Notable Mention at UIST 2011
- The DIGISCOPE project was accepted to the French government Equipment of Excellence call (budget: 22M€ including 6.7M€ from ANR EQUIPEX)
- I spent two years (2010-2012) as Visiting Professor at Stanford University (HCI Group). I have taught a course with Wendy Mackay on Reinventing Interactive Systems.
- Viewpoint article in CACM on Open Access Publishing: [HTML], [PDF]
- WILD project : the largest high-resolution wall display in the world. (See also the project web site)
- Chair of the new Interaction specialty of the Master in Computer Science at Université Paris-Sud
Activities (current and recent)
- Program Chair for UIST 2008, ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology ;
- Conference co-chair for ECSCW 2005, European Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work;
- Conference chair for UIST 2002, ACM Symposium on User Interfaces Software and Technology;
- Papers co-chair for CHI 2001, ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems;
- Member of the ACM Europe Council ;
- Former member-at-large of the ACM Council and member of the ACM Publications Board.
- Founder and first President of AFIHM, Association Francophone d'Interaction Homme-Machine (French HCI Association);
- Former member of the executive committee of ASTI, Association des Sciences et Technologies de l'Information;
- Older courses (in French):
Author of "Les Langages à Objets : principe de base, techniques de programmation" (Armand Colin, 1992)
- English version published by Chapman & Hall.
- French version available on-line!
- Novel interaction techniques, including the use of sound, gesture and two-handed input
- Engineering of interactive systems, including interaction toolkits and User Interface Development Environments
- The INDIGO RNTL Project : Interactive Distributed Graphical Objects
Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), including shared editors and mediaspaces
- AFIHM - Association Francophone d'Interaction Homme-Machine
- InteractiF - mailing list
- GDR I3 - French research programme on Information - Interaction - Intelligence
- ACM SIGCHI - Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction
- Conferences and journals:
- IHM - French conference on Human-Computer Interaction
- UIST - Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology
- CHI - Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems
- RIHM - French Human-Computer Interaction journal
- Other links
- Alexandre, Matthew, Wendy and the family picture.
How to go to LRI.
L.R.I. - Bâtiment 650
Université de Paris-Sud
91405 ORSAY Cedex
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
tél : +33 1 69 15 69 10
fax : +33 1 69 15 65 86